TripAdvisor knows great holiday experiences and recently named the winners of its Travellers’ Choice Awards for Amusement and Water Parks in the South Pacific, with Australia scooping the pool in the region. And Sea World came out on top, as the favourite water park destination.
Queensland reigns supreme, taking 6 of the top 10 spots in the South Pacific region. The Gold Coast has long been known for its crowd-pulling theme parks, and nabbed the two top spots, but there are new experiences to be found even for the most die-hard thrill seekers, like Top Shots Fun Park and Darwin’s Wave Lagoon.
The Travellers’ Choice awards are based on the millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travellers. The award winners were chosen on the quantity and quality of reviews over a 12-month period.
Amusement and Water Parks – South Pacific
- Sea World, Main Beach, QLD
- Dreamworld, Coomera, QLD
- Wave Lagoon, Darwin, NT
- WetSide Water Education Park, Hervey Bay, QLD
- Splash Planet, Hastings, New Zealand
- Whitewater World, Coomera, QLD
- The Beachouse, Glenelg, SA
- Magic Mountain, Merimbula, NSW
- Top Shots Fun Park, Maroochydore, QLD
- Aussie World, Palmview, QLD