Burleigh Heads has long been a favourite with families, and it doesn’t matter how old your kids are, they all love to holiday here!
It’s not just the wonderful, adventure-filled play parks dotted along the grassy strip alongside the beach, Burleigh’s three patrolled beach areas and world famous waves make us a winner for a family holiday with a difference.
Introduce your kids to awesome nature by strolling around Burleigh Heads National Park. Chances are the odd wild turkey, bearded dragon, osprey or kite might cross your path. Paddle with your little ones in the calm waters of Burleigh’s best-kept secret, Echo Beach on the edge of Tallebudgera Creek.
Ready to get the adrenalin pumping? Burleigh Heads is on the direct bus route to Australia’s best theme parks. Watch dolphins perform, zip down water slides or take in an action packed show. Kids and adults have so much fun!
Burleigh Heads bohemian shopping precinct, ‘The Village’, is a mecca for shopaholics and coffee lovers alike. Grab a unique purchase, treat your children to a milkshake, kick back and relax.
But the most adored attraction in Burleigh Heads is our fabulous range of family-friendly accommodation. Parents love our self-contained units, heated pools, safe environments, friendly staff and the chance to meet other families holidaying on the Coast.
Come and stay at Burleigh Heads, the friendliest family destination on the Coast!
Key points by Burleigh Tourism
- excellent family accommodation – self-contained units, heated pools, bbq areas, walking distance to beach, shops, cafes, restaurants
- on direct bus route to major theme parks. Easy 30 minute drive
- only suburb with 5 play parks alongside the beach. All with unique, modern play equipment and swings
- well-maintained bbq and toilet areas shaded by tall trees all along the 2.8km grassy strip by the beach – have a day at the beach – picnic, swim, play
- James Street and surrounding area is affectionately known as ‘the Village’ by locals and is a preferred shopping and café destination for Gold Coasters looking for a unique buy and fabulous coffee
- Two beachfront surf clubs (North Burleigh Surf Club and Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park SC. Both have great kids and adults meals in a very family friendly location
- Three patrolled beach areas – and Burleigh Heads is famous for its surf, hosting the Burleigh Heads Breaka Pro every year at the start of the World surfing titles
- Loads of things to do, take surfing lessons, see a movie, go bowling, swim at the beach, build sandcastles, parents can play golf, visit a spa, see the fire twirlers and drummers in the park on Sunday evening, grab a bargain at the Art and Craft market or the high fashion Village Markets
For more information on all the fabulous things you can do at beautiful Burleigh Heads visit Burleigh Tourism